Specify the expectations potential readers should have before they open the book. Consider the SWOT (Strengths/Weakness/Opportunities/Threats) of the project so you have a clear picture of the emotional ride you’re opening to the public. Explain how it will meet (and exceed) them in concrete, active language.
- Audience: what segment of the public wants this book?
- Value: what does this book’s target audience admire and acquire?
- Distinction: what distinguishes this book from other titles in its niche?
- Impact: what unique emotional experience does this book provide compared to your other work or other titles in the genre?
- Proof: what evidence can you give to support your claims?
© 2016 Damon Suede & Heidi Cullinan, All Rights Reserved
Share this content: